STEWARDSHIP DEPARTMENT (Reestablished July 2011)
Stewardship department was established in 1961 .Biblically Stewardship rests on the fact that God is the owner of all creation and in this case the parishes are the stewards who manage creation on his behalf. Resources entrusted to all parishioners are properly managed, hoping that accountability will lead to more giving or contributing for church work.
1. Mobilizing and evaluating church services attendance
2. To mobilize internal and external resources and guide the utilization of the resources available to meet the needs of the Diocese.
3. To encourage the Parishioners to plan ambitiously and strategically to reach the Diocesan and individual Goal, which is Self Reliance.
4. Planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation of periodic giving
5. Give training on stewardship and self reliance.
6. To sensitize community on environmental conservation
The income is mobilized through:
1. Contribution through pledges
2. Collect (money & other goods and products)
3. Thanks Giving and Harvests
4. Special contributions for specific work/activities
Structure: Stewardship is undertaken from grassroots to the diocesan level.
Current Efforts: To formulate the departmental strategic plan and link it with NWD strategic plan.
Copyright © 2022 ELCT/NWD Rights Reserved.